Activities carried out:
May 4, 2020 – Online webinar for participants of the competition (OTG, RDA, MR) “Golden plot 2020” on the topic “Investment attraction, preparation of tender materials and creation of a single window for the investor” (with PAIT partners and Ukraine Invest office);
June 10, 2020 – Training seminar “Methodology for creating effective strategies for the development of OTG and cities of Ukraine” (with the support of the Ministry of Community Development and Territories of Ukraine, the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Ukraine, the Association of Small Cities of Ukraine, the Association of OTG of Ukraine and EVON GROUP);
June 18, 2020 – Startup competition in the online format “Online regional meetup/pitching session in Zhytomyr #14” (with partners Polish-Ukrainian StartUp Brige Team as part of the all-Ukrainian event “STURTUP COMPETITION 2020”, which will be held at the large-scale international conference KYIV TECH HUB ’20).
July 30, 2020 – 3 semi-finalists of the “Golden Plot 2020” competition (Kornyn, Korosten, Novograd-Volynskyi) were reviewed and evaluated by the competition committee;
September 28, 2020 – Workshop for OTG, RDA, MR “How to submit a project to the EU Sectoral Support competition? But with whom to unite for the sake of common victory?”;
October 02, 2020 – The event “Ukrainian-Polish Business Support Forum” as part of the XIII Days of Polish Culture in Zhytomyr (supported by the NGO “Zhytomyr Regional Union of Poles in Ukraine”, PolskaPomyc, Polish-Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce, Polish-Ukrainian Sturtup Brige, EVON Group, RE:leaf, Office of Reforms of the CMU, Polis National University);
As a result of the synergy with the Ukraine Invest office, 4 high-quality investment proposals from the Zhytomyr region were presented in the Ukrainian Guide;
November 16-20, 2020 – participation in training within the framework of the EU Sectoral Support Program on strategic dominance in the city of Uzhhorod;
November 24, 2020 – Online webinar for the finalists of the competition (OTG, RDA, MR) “Golden Plot 2020” on the topic “Simulation of an investor’s visit” (with PAIT partners and Ukraine Invest office);
December 8, 2020 – Online event “Business opportunities in agriculture, food and horticulture in Ukraine” within the framework of the presentation “Multi-sectoral study of the central regions of Ukraine”, held by the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Ukraine together with the Netherlands Enterprise Agency. The investment potential of Zhytomyr region and the functions of the Agency are presented;
December 10, 2020 – participation in the international investment forum “Global Invest Summit 2020”; 4 projects from the Zhytomyr region were presented to international experts and inverters; based on the results, the creation of a hemp cluster in the Zhytomyr region was initiated (at the stage of negotiations);
December 10-11, 2020 – participation in the international expert discussion “Development of communities: trust, institutions, finance and people” (supported by U-Lead, GIZ, PAIT);
December 14, 2020 – a meeting was held with the German-Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce and Industry regarding the organization of the Round Table event with the head of the Zhytomyr regional administration. Presentation of the region and opportunities for business”, which will take place on January 27, 2021;
The development of the investment passport of the Stanyshivsk OTG of the Zhytomyr region has been completed, the development and calculations of 4 potential investment projects in the community have been carried out: the creation of a logistics center, the creation of a furniture cluster, the creation of a pig complex and the restoration of a building to house a hotel and restaurant complex.
Involved international technical assistance:
The project “Development of interregional cooperation through the creation of tools and infrastructure of interregional development” in the amount of UAH 576,420.00. (from the EU Sectoral Support together with the Transcarpathian Regional Development Agency):
– the updating of organizational and functional documents was worked out together with experts;
– an updated list of Agency services was developed;
– developed and submitted proposals to the Action Plan of the regional strategy until 2027, taking into account interregional cooperation;
– 6 project concepts with an interregional component have been prepared;
– submitted 2 projects to the EU Sectoral Support competition with an interregional component and acted as partners in 3 projects;
– together with other partners, preparations were made for the publication of the manual “Tools and Mechanisms for Strengthening the Capacity of Regions”;
– took part in the training module on Strategic Planning in Uzhhorod;
– within the framework of the project, it is planned to obtain additional equipment for the Agency (laptops and stationery).
Interregional cooperation project to determine the best investment sites in Ukraine “Golden Site 2020” (partnership project with PAIT and UkraineInvest) from PolskaPomoc:
Within the framework of which:
– 11 investment proposals were qualitatively prepared with communities (the form was worked out, documents were received and processed, photos of the plot and information about communications were received);
– additional training was conducted for OTG on the preparation of tender documents and accompanying investors together with market stakeholders;
– will determine but together with Polish partners, 3 of the best plots;
– a tender commission was formed and an audit of land plots was conducted together with the Polish side;
– based on the results, the best site in the city of Korosteni was determined;
– aerial photography (photo + video) of the 3 best investment plots from among those submitted to the competition in Zhytomyr region was carried out with the funds of donors;
– within the framework of the project, the Polish side together with the Agency conducted a training event “Simulation of an investor’s visit”;
– also 2 of the top three (1st and 2nd places) will have the opportunity to visit Poland to exchange experience after the lifting of quarantine restrictions.
Projects submitted to the State Regional Development Fund for 2020:
“Increasing the investment potential of united territorial communities and cities of regional significance” (Total estimated cost of the project, UAH 1,011.0 thousand);
“Promotion of the investment potential of the Zhytomyr region” (Total estimated cost of the project, UAH 1,212.1 thousand).
Submitted projects for the EU Sectoral Support competition:
2.1. “Network of industrial parks “Western industrial cluster (jointly with Rivne and Ternopil regions)” (Total estimated cost of the project, thousand UAH – 12,000.0) in the rating list of the evaluation of projects in the direction of “Effective management of regional development” ranked 1- the place;
2.2. “Optimization of the regional management structure on the platform of geo-information systems in the conditions of decentralization” (Total estimated cost of the project, thousand UAH – 14,000.00) in the rating list of the evaluation of projects in the direction of “Effective management of regional development” took 10th place;
4.3. “Promotion of cities and regional centers of Zhytomyr region” (Total estimated cost of the project, thousand UAH – 3,600.00) ranked 61st in the rating list of projects in the direction of “Innovative economy and investments”;
4.4. “Promotional campaign of Zhytomyr region” (Total estimated cost of the project, thousand UAH – 3,600.00) ranked 101st in the rating list of projects in the direction of “Innovative economy and investments”;
4.5. “Creation of regional export support offices (jointly with the Export Promotion Office+Export Credit Agency)” (Total estimated cost of the project, thousand UAH – 36,856.5) in the rating list of the evaluation of projects in the direction of “All-Ukrainian solidarity” was ranked 8- i have a place
We also acted as partners in 3 projects with an interregional component:
In the project “Regional Network of Promotion of Circular Eco-Entrepreneurship” in the rating list of projects in the direction of “Innovative Economy and Investments” they took 68th place;
Together with Vinnytsia, Khmelnytsia and Rivne ARR, in the project “100 family farms – the basis of sustainable development of rural areas” in the rating list of projects in the direction of “Rural development” they took 7th place;
Out of the 15 APRs of Ukraine, “Creation of an all-Ukrainian network of centers for attracting and supporting investors on the basis of regional development agencies” ranked 18th in the rating list of projects in the direction of “All-Ukrainian solidarity”.
Performers of the regional program:
“Development of the network of industrial parks in Zhytomyr Region for 2020”:
– The private enterprise in the city of Korosten is working (there is 1 participant), the construction process is being completed (75%).
– Work is underway with the projects of industrial parks in the city of Malyn and Bronykivsk OTG, which are partners and submitted to the project “Network of industrial parks “Western industrial cluster (together with Rivne and Ternopil regions)”.
– Also, a constant dialogue and monitoring is conducted in Bronykivska OTG and the city of Malyn, regarding the possibilities of organizing an industrial park on their territory;
– presentation of the “Malyn-Zahid” industrial park at the InvestGlobalSummit 2020 in the city of Kyiv on December 10, 2020;
– Korosten Industrial Park had the opportunity to take part in the international project to improve the process of preparing investment proposals with Polish partners “Golden Area 2020”.
– The Agency developed proposals for the plan of Socio-Economic Development of the Zhytomyr region for 2021, regarding the inclusion of the project of the network of industrial parks in this program;
– Prepared road maps for the projects of industrial parks in the city of Malyn and Bronikivsk OTG.
– The possibility of placing an industrial park with an area of 75 hectares on the territory of Malyn was worked out.
– Land plots that can be used as potential sites for industrial parks are constantly monitored.
Support of investment projects:
“Ukraine Energovat” LLC;
PE “Svartsevytska brick”;
Atlas Invest Firm
Creation of laminate production / request from UkraineInvest;
Creation of a workshop for drying and freezing fruits / request from UkraineInvest;
Creation of a farm (cultivation
Atlas Invest Firm, FreeGen.
Applications for grant projects and competitions have been submitted.
Project “Magnit” – submitted 2 projects “network of industrial parks”, “Innovation park”
IESAR “Unification” – submitted 2 projects on the organizational development of the Agency for Regional Development of Zhytomyr Oblast
Projects have been submitted for DFRR for 2021-2023, namely:
“Increasing the investment potential of united territorial communities and cities of regional importance”;
“Promotion of investment potential of Zhytomyr region”.
A project was submitted to the Central European Initiative on supporting small and medium-sized businesses.
A project has been submitted to the Canada Fund for Local Initiatives (CFLI) to support women in business and employers during quarantine measures.
A project was submitted to the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) regarding the development of civil society in the Zhytomyr Region.
A project was submitted to “The Embassy of the Slovak republic in Kyiv” on supporting small and medium-sized businesses during the pandemic.